Sunday, December 2, 2012

Start



It isn’t supposed to start this way.  Year-end best-of lists are one of the most important duties of any music critic, but you’re supposed to have been a critic for long enough that people actually care what you think.  I’ve only been at this for a few months, at a small local publication with limited readership, but since it happens to be the end of a year when I’m finally getting off my ass and taking things seriously this blog’s going to have to start with all of the year-end stuff.  I’ll be sporadically posting honorable mentions while I get my write-ups for my Top 25 Albums together, then I’ll put those up in mid-December.  I might do a list of the best songs of the year too, but we’ll see.  I’m not really sure what kind of stuff is going to be on this blog post-list season, but I’ll be posting some of those kinds of things throughout this month too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment